The Dryrod System developed by the makers of the proven leading Dryzone Damp Proofing Cream is even more effective and with guaranteed dosage and increased speed is recommended for projects that demand maximum performance.
it is the quickest system available as the rods are simply inserted into pre-drilled 12 mm holes along a continuous mortar course at 120mm centres
The patented, and BBA Approved, Dryrod delivery system makes sure that the exact dose of the active ingredients are inserted into each hole eradicating any risk of applicator error and guarantees the eradication of any damp.
No fuss, no mess, no stress.
How to Install Dryrod Damp-Proofing Rods
Simply drill 12mm holes at 120mm centres into the lowest available continuous mortar course.
The only tools required are a hammer drill and a sharp cutting tool such as garden secateurs as the180mm rods require cutting in half for single brick walls.
Once inserted into each of the pre-drilled holes, the rods diffuse the active ingredients deep into the wall before curing to form a permanent water-repellent barrier. This ensures that no further damp will rise into the wall. If required to do so the holes can be plugged on completion of installation.
Full installation instructions can be found on our DIY page.
|Wall depth||4½” (110 mm)||9″ (220 mm)||13½” (330 mm)|
|Number of packs per 5m||2||4||12|
Number of packs required per 5m stretch of wall
Why use Dryrod?
As the latest development in the treatment of rising damp, there are numerous advantages to using Dryrod Damp-Proofing Rods:
- The most effective rising damp eradication treatment available — Independent testing proves that Dryrod outperforms all other competitors systems.
- The simplest and fastest system to install — Simply drill holes the lowest mortar course, insert a rod in each hole and your finished.
- No specialist equipment or expertise required — Only a standard hammer drill with a 12 mm drill masonry bit plus a sharp cutting tool such as garden secateurs are needed.
- Nothing to clean up — Each foil wrap packet when opened contains 10 rods which are inserted straight into the pre-drilled holes. Nothing to clean up.
- Correct amount applied every time. — Each rod contains exactly the correct amount of water-repellent guaranteeing no under treating and no wastage.
- The eradication of rising damp is permanent — The active ingredients permeate, and bond with the masonry providing a permanent solution to rising damp.
- Proven to work on the wettest walls (even up to 95% saturation) — Independent testing prove that the Dryrod system outperforms even our premium damp-proofing cream at high saturation levels.
- Safe and environmentally friendly — Dryrod is solvent free, non-caustic and odour free. Safe for asthma sufferers and pet friendly. Bedrooms that have been treated with Dryrod can be slept in the same night.
The Importance of Effectively Treating Rising Damp
Your home could well be your biggest investment and needs protecting. Rising Damp, like cancer in humans gets worse the longer it is left untreated therefore it is urgent to effectively treat the problem. Sanding back damaged walls and repainting will not cure the problem.
For this reason, Dryrod Damp-Proofing Rods have been designed to form an effective damp-proof course in walls of all types and have been tested under conditions of up to 95% saturation, where it has been shown to outperform all tested competitor products.
This is important because no two walls suffering from rising damp are the same. In particular the physical properties of the mortar used to construct walls can vary considerably and this can have a significant influence on the effectiveness of any rising damp treatment.
Naturally, homeowners want the most effective products available to be used to treat rising damp in their properties. Creating the best possible barrier to rising damp minimises moisture in the wall and blocks the build-up of ground salts.
Dryrod Damp-Proofing Rods are effective in a wide range of conditions, including:
- Saturated walls (up to 95% saturation)
- Low alkalinity mortar
- High alkalinity mortar
- Low porosity mortar
- High porosity mortar
- Lime-based mortar
- Cement-based mortar
As with all remedial damp-proofing systems, it is necessary to remove and replace any salt-contaminated plaster with a render containing one of our recommended moisture barriers.
House Purchasers Scared Off by Damp
A recent YouGov poll, carried out on behalf of Safeguard Europe, has found that 38 percent of potential house purchasers would completely withdraw their offer on a house if it was found to have damp issues.
The poll results showed that even those who would continue with the purchase would only do so if the price that was substantially reduced below the original offer.
48 percent of respondents said that they would expect a price reduction with 18 percent expecting a price reduction of 20 percent or more – equating to more than £42,000, based on the June 2016 UK average house price of 213,927.
According to Hudson Lambert, Managing Director of Safeguard Europe the key message that comes from the survey is “Fix damp before selling”:
“We already knew that damp was a big turn off for potential house purchasers. However we were still surprised at the degree to which it affected purchasing decisions.
The fact that so many people appear to be willing to walk away from a house purchase or expect a price reduction of tens of thousands of Pounds would indicate that people’s perception of the cost and difficulty of dealing with damp problems is overblown.
For this reason, it would seem that most sellers would be best advised to treat any dampness issues before placing their properties on the market as this will allow them to attract the most buyers and achieve the best price.”